Please call 800-879-2248 to request a broker appointment
Charter Lakes Marine Insurance (CLMI) operates as a Managing General Agent and is licensed to do business in 48 states. CLMI administers five distinct marine insurance products for the Travelers and offers those products to retail agents on a wholesale basis. Our size and experience results in better pricing and better terms and conditions for your clients. It also results in better customer service for your needs and that of your client. CLMI represents several other (A) rated marine underwriters with increased limits of authority to place specific marine risks. Since CLMI focusses 100% of its energy on marine insurance, we are the best solution for all of your agency's marine insurance needs.
Our experienced Account Executives understand the marine insurance marketplace and have a wide array of quality markets (rated "A" or better by A.M. Best) to provide you with the best solution to your clients' marine insurance needs. It's easy! We do the work for you and we pay the highest commissions in the business.
We have specialty programs for the following marine risks:
Our team of marine underwriters has over 120 years of combined experience and is dedicated exclusively to marketing and underwriting marine insurance. Our years of experience enables us to know the markets and quickly respond to your submissions. We care about helping you find the broadest coverage at the most competitive price for your clients. But equally important is the service you receive after the sale.
The Charter Lakes Advantage
You have many choices for your agencies wet marine insurance, so why choose Charter Lakes?
- Experience – for the past 34 years Charter Lakes has focused on the wet marine line of insurance. Our production staff has over 120 years combined experience. We understand marine insurance and the best solution for your submissions.
- Price – the pricing of our products is consistently the most competitive in the industry.
- Product – the policies we sell are the broadest in the industry. Many are exclusive to Charter Lakes and developed for specific risk types.
- Breadth of Product – we have a product for every wet marine risk.
- Financial Strength – all of our products are underwritten by “A” rated domestic carriers.
- Submissions – our 12 member production team is obsessed with turning your quote submissions around in 24 hours.
- Customer Service – our 24 member team of CSR and Support staff will assure your agency with fast, friendly and professional customer service.
- Claims Service – we view claims as an opportunity to shine. You can rest easy knowing your clients claim will be handled by a marine claims specialist who will bring the claim to a speedy and fair conclusion.
- Your Resource for Hard to Place Marine Risks – The production team at Charter Lakes specializes in hard to place marine risks. If it floats we typically have a market and product for the risk.
- Technology - We are at the forefront of agency technology. Our new web based interactive technology will help your agency be more efficient. You can now access your client's policy information 24/7, 365 days per year.