As a passenger vessel owner you are serious about the condition of your boat and the experience of your crew. Both are critical to your success so you don’t skimp on either. The same should be true of your insurance. You need a commercial insurance policy that provides broad physical damage coverage and protection from potential liabilities to passengers, crew and other third parties. The Passenger Vessel Policy offered by Charter Lakes provides broad insurance protection at substantial premium savings.
- Physical Damage– Agreed Value
- Disappearing Hull Deductible
- Passenger Liability– Protection and Indemnity (P&I)
- Dockside Liability
- Pollution Liability
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Personal Property Coverage
- Towing and Emergency Assistance
- Equipment Stored Ashore Coverage
- 24 Hours Claims Service
*Please consult one of our account executives for complete explanation of coverages.
Charter Lakes has been insuring passenger vessels for more than 30 years. We understand the business and the risks associated with operating a passenger vessel. We also understand how important it is to your business to keep operating costs under control. We have priced our passenger vessel policy according to the exposure so you do not pay for coverage you do not need. The result is an affordable insurance policy designed specifically for owners and operators of passenger vessels.
While passenger vessels face similar exposures, the business operations can be very different. We have developed optional coverage(s) to meet specific needs of passenger vessel owners.
- Maritime Employment Liability Coverage (to cover liabilities to your crew employees)
- Marine General Liability for land based or floating support operations
- Liquor Liability
- Excess P&I/Bumbershoot Liability Coverage
- Shoreside Property and Casualty coverage.
- Additional interests and waivers of subrogation
- Payment Plans – We offer several interest free payment plans and a 10 month premium finance option depending on your needs.
- Risk Management – Charter Lakes provides a wide array of risk management services which could even include loss control inspections. We can also help our clients with vessel leases, liability releases and indemnification contracts.
- Interactive Access - Clients have 24 hour on-line access to their policy and their vessel documents which we store in a secure paperless environment. Clients can also request policy changes, file a claim, or make payments online.
Our clients include:
- Party Fishing Vessels
- Multi-Day Expedition Vessels
- Dinner Cruise Boats
- Replica Pirate Ships
- Whale Watching Vessels
- High Performance Jet Boats
- Eco and Scenic Tour Boats
- Environmental Education
- Dive and Snorkel Boats
- Passenger Ferry Boats
- Duck Boats
- Paddle Wheelers
- Sailing Vessels